Monday, February 9, 2009

Ice Storm

Here are some during and after ice storm pictures. We were without electricity for two days. My daughter was without for 12 days. so she and the kids stayed with us. We had kerosene heater and we boiled water for hot chocolate and tea and boiled some eggs and made Ramen noodles for the two days that we didn't have electricity. You never know how much you depend on it till you don't have it for a few days. We had lots of candles and some oil lamps for light. but the best light we had was my grandson's toy camping lantern. It lit up the whole room.



I got some knitting done on my log cabin blanket. Since it was a bit cold the blanket kept me warm too.

Believe it or not it is now something like 68 degrees outside today. What a change in weather.

Have a great day!!
God Bless You!!
Mary

No comments: