Thursday, April 26, 2007


Hi!!
I am working on making as many baby socks as I can before Saturday when a lady at my church is having a baby shower. She is going to have a baby boy. I got the first pair done. Here is a picture of them so far. It seemed very hard because instead of doing toe up and short row heel , I followed a pattern for top down with flap heel. The pattern was for DPN's but I did them two at a time on my circular needles. Wow did I have a mess when trying to do the heels. The instructions told about what DPN needle to use instead of how many stitches. So there I was with tangled loop de loop circular needles trying to untangle them. By the time I got the heel done I had to go for a walk and take some deep breaths. It was totally hard but by some miracle I got them all untangled. Now I'm working on the second pair and I have an idea of how to keep from having such a tangled mess. At least on the first pair I could tell about where I needed to do the Gusset on the socks. Hopefully this second pair will go good. I did the Kitchener stitch just fine. I had seen many pictures on how to do it so that went pretty smoothly.
Have a great day!!
God Bless You!!
Mary

1 comment:

Knitman said...

Baby socks! Now they would be quick, I guess. Cute too. Tiny babies. Hard to believe we all were. Goodfor you for doing this act of kindness.