Thursday, September 20, 2007



Hi!!
These are the two Shawl patterns that I have to try. I hope they are not too big a project for me. I have been knitting for years but I have only done Knit and Pearl. This last year I have made socks and did the heel turning. I have never done lace before. I rolled up the two hanks of yarn yesterday without the help of a yarn swift. WoW!! am I ready for a yarn swift! That lace yarn can tangle up so easy. I did get them rolled up but I broke the yarn in one place on one of them and the other one got a knot in it. But for 1200 yards of yarn I guess that isn't too bad. It also took me hours to roll them up.
Have a great day!!
God Bless You!!
Mary

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

You have to get a swift and a ball winder. You just HAVE to! It lets me wind up a skein of yarn in 3 minutes - no exaggeration - 3 minutes. It seems like it's a lot of money to get both, but oh the time and effort it will save you.

And I just love the look of these 2 shawl patterns. Knitting lace is very easy. It just uses yarn overs and decrease stitches, like K2tog and SKP. You'll be a pro in no time at all.