Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Knitting

Hi!!
I got my Son's Hat done!
I am putting the pattern here so that I can list it in Ravelry.



I used size 9 - 24" circular needles for this project.
Gage is 3 STS per inch, 5 rows per inch
I used Red Heart Super Saver Acrylic yarn.
You can use any Worsted weight yarn that you desire to.




Cast on 70 stitches and connect into a circle. Knit till your work is about an inch long then
K7 Inc1 around row till you get 80 stitches in one round.
then K around till your project is 2 inches long. then double your yarn and K till your project is 22 inches long. Drop one of the strands of yarn so that you are now knitting with a single strand of yarn. Knit with single strand for an inch then K7 Dec1 around till you have 70 stitches around.
K around till our project is a total of 24" long. Bind Off.

Take a long strand of yarn, and fold the hat in half putting the two ends together use the yarn to weave through the stitches of both ends and pull tight. There will still be a little hole in the top so tie the yarn off and sew the hole closed from both sides of the hat.

Note: You can Cast On what ever amount of stitches you want according to how big or small the head you are making the hat for.

Have a great day!!
God Bless you!!
Mary

3 comments:

Jill L said...

great hat!

Bethany said...

That looks really warm! I have to admit to feeling a little jealously at how quickly you finish projects. I haven't posted a finished project in forever! But I do really enjoy seeing yours. I wanted to ask where you got you swift? It's really cool.

Mary said...

I got it at Knitting zone. I like it because it sits on the table and doesn't clamp to it. I have gotten marks on my table from things that clamp to it. Anyway I went to the website at Knitting Zone and it seems that they don't have it in their product list right now. Maybe they sold out or something.