Saturday, October 30, 2010

Well I made a plan Thought it would really work. Thought I had a great idea!! Then it didn't work. The last two nights we have had a frost. So yesterday morning I pulled the sprinkler out to my garden to sprinkle the tomato plants and wash the frost off of them before the sun touched them. You can save them a little longer that way. SO... I left the sprinkler out there Because there was going to be another frost last night. So I got up at 5:30am in my housecoat and turned the water on, and went back to bed confident that it was taking care of the plants for me. Got up at 6:30am and realized it was not sprinkling the plants. So there I went in my housecoat and found that the hose was frozen. So there was a joint where the hose was not frozen but it doesn't reach quite to the garden. My dear Hubby connected the sprinkler to it but the sprinkler was frozen. So we connected the spray nozzle to it and sprayed them by hand. By that time the sun was pretty much coming up. I don't know if we saved any of them. We will have to look later. We may be picking lots of green tomatoes. We really didn't get any ripe ones this year. It is like the dream I have had in the past where it snowed on my tomatoes before I got any. It is a crisp 33° out this morning. So we had an early morning get really cold trying to spray off the tomatoes morning! :o)
I am still working on Alligator scarves. I have some that I need to take pictures of. I am making one that is black with bling. I will make a hat to go with it.
Have a great day!!
God Bless You!!
Mary

No comments: